Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Autism made them lie."

I have an 8 year old son named Corey. He was born 5 weeks early. At the age of 2 1/2 he was diagnosed with Moderate Autism.

 On May 10th he got off the bus saying, "teacher mean." I said, "really ahh." Then about an hour later we met up with his classmate Austin (age 12/Autism). Austin mentioned that the teachers aide was really mean to Corey that day. I'm like, "really what happened?" He said, "She hit Corey on arm then grabbed him hard and yanked his arm to face to her, as she screamed in his face, 'STOP CRYING NOW!'" He was crying because he left his 50 cents for his icecream. :( I went up to school and talked to principal. She did not show she believed Corey and Austin. She said she will investigate and get back to me. I got a phone call from them and they said that the aide said it never happened. Their teacher said she was not there, Corey was crying when he came back to her, but she believes nothing happened. I asked if they had cameras. They said No. They said they believed it was their Autism that made them make this up. My son does not lie and I think they are covering up. That is why I started the FB Page Cameras In Special Needs Classrooms. I am getting stories every day about a child abused in school in these special needs classes. And they cant go home to tell their parents.

-Tara Heidinger

Tara is one of the admins of the Facebook group: Cameras in special needs classrooms and has been a tremendous help in connecting us with stories like hers and Phoenix's as we're starting up. The stories and pictures that are gathered on there are heart wrenching and show the desperate need for cameras to act as a voice for all the little warriors without one. Please go like their page and add to the discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment